DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Maintaining your privacy is an important part of the products and services that we provide. This Data Privacy Statement (hereafter referred to as “Statement”) explains how we collect, protect, use, maintain, dispose, and share information when you access our apps, websites and/or apply for and avail our products and services.
This statement outlines the general practices of Amigo in relation to our processes and content which are made available through our network of websites, our online and mobile applications, and social media pages (collectively referred to as “websites”). This Statement also covers the privacy practices for our customers who apply for and obtain products and services through our platform such as, but not limited to, transport, delivery and logistics services.
The privacy practices described in this Statement are primarily intended for individuals situated in the Philippines and are designed to comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173) and its implementing rules and regulations.
When you apply for or avail of any product or service that Amigo offers or when you interact with our employees, authorized representatives, agents and third party service providers, we collect your personal information and sensitive information. These may include, among others:
- Your name and personal particulars such as contact details, emails, address, birthdate, education;
- Specimen signatures;
- Government ID details such as SSS, TIN, etc.;
- Financial information (such as income, expenses, balances, investments, tax, insurance, financial and transaction history, credit or debit card number, etc.);
- Marital status;
- Employment details;
- Business interests and assets;
- Images via CCTV and other similar recording devices and processes which may be observed when visiting our offices and/or using our other facilities;
- Voice recordings of our conversations with you
- Name, residential/office/billing/shipping address, location and telephone/mobile number Interact with our social media pages (such as social media logins, ID, profile picture/photo and any other publicly available data);
- Payment method
- Items requested (for delivery services, delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide
- Personal data you enter in messages when you use our in-app chat messaging feature;
- If you are an accredited third party logistics provider, we may collect your driver’s license, vehicle registration data, NBI clearance, etc.;
- In-vehicle recording. Some Amigo third party delivery partners may install personal in-vehicle cameras in their vehicles or motorcycles for their own purposes. Please check with the relevant partner if you have any queries about their use of personal in-vehicle cameras.
We may, as and when necessary, seek to verify or augment these information with third-party entities including government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction and, in the process, gain additional information about you.
In the course of availing our products and services, we also collect information about your transactions and dealings which include your account activities, movements and interactions with third-parties such as, but not limited to, merchants, utility companies, your suppliers and your clients.
When you access our apps/websites, we may provide information about us, as well as information regarding our products and services. If you have enrolled your account as a condition of use, you may conveniently access your accounts through the website and apps. In the course of using our network of websites and electronic platforms, we may collect non-personal information such as those provided by your device which may include:
- IP Address
- Search Term uses
- The pages and internal links accessed on the website
- The date and time sites were visited
- The referring site or platform (if any) through which it was clicked through to the website
- Operating System
- Web Browser Type and Version
- length of visits to certain pages
- Page interaction information (e.g8k., scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- Page response time
- Time zone setting
- Download errors
Utilization of information
We use the information collected to deliver and provide the products and services that you have availed, in order to:
- Perform the service you have requested;
- Process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
- Validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- Determine the performance of your delivery service;
- Track and analyze your delivery;
- Notify you regarding the status of your order or delivery and updating you on the progress of the same;
- Contact you for feedback after or during delivery;
- Conduct investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- Approve, facilitate, administer and process applications and transactions;
- Respond to queries, requests, concerns, complaints and improve how we interact with you;
- Conduct studies and researches for the purpose of reviewing, developing and improving our products and services;
- Perform profile analysis, behavioral modeling and analytics to understand needs, preferences and market trends to be able to improve and recommend suitable products and services;
- Reach out to you regarding products and services information, including offers, promotions, discounts, rewards; and for personalizing your experience with our various touch points such as branches, call center, telemarketing, email, messaging and other channels;
- Determine the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and initiatives;
- Perform certain protective safeguards against improper use or abuse of our products and services including fraud detection and prevention;
- Comply with our operational, audit, administrative, credit and risk management processes, policies and procedures, the terms and conditions governing our products, services, facilities and channels, legal and regulatory requirements of government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time;
- Perform such other activities permitted by law or with your consent.
Consented Disclosure of information
We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and third parties, under an obligation of confidentiality
- We may share personal information with various units within Amigo in order to better understand the way you use our products and services. This will allow us to improve our services and offer you opportunities to obtain such other useful products and services that may deliver greater value to you.
- We may share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to likewise offer you additional products and services that we believe you may find useful and/or interesting.
- We may share with third parties that we engage to support us in delivering our services to you. These may involve anonymous or aggregated information to help improve our products, services, and content.
- We may also engage third parties to help us operate our business. These include support in:
- Complying with legal requirements such as court orders;
- Addressing fraud, security or technical issues, to respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our customers or third parties;
- Carrying out all other activities and/or purposes set out above
Further, if you are, become, or apply to become, a client of any of our subsidiaries and affiliates, Amigo and the subsidiary/ies and/or affiliate/s concerned has the option, but not the obligation to, rely upon, use, and share your relevant personal and/or account information for any of the following purposes:
- To facilitate your application with the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s;
- To validate, consolidate or update your customer information records and/or credit history;
- To provide consolidated billing, deposit or other reports as you may request;
- To send you reminders, announcements, promotions, offrs, invitations and other notifications;
- To enroll you in loyalty or similar client-oriented programs of Amigo and its subsidiary/ies or affiliates/s;
- For research purposes or to design financial, investment or other related products or services for your use;
- For promotional and/or marketing activities of Amigo or of the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s; and/or
- To comply with a legal obligation to which Amigo or the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s is subject.
We may transfer, store, and/or process your personal data outside the Philippines. In doing so, we will comply with the Data Privacy Act and its implementing rules and regulations.
We wish to assure you that we do not, and will not, sell personal data to any third party. All our engagements with third parties shall be fully compliant with our obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreements and/or terms and conditions and/or any applicable law that governs our relationship with you.
Permissions requested on the Mobile Device
Depending on the Customer's specific device, the application may request certain permissions that allow it to access the Customer's device Data as described below. By default, these permissions must be granted by the customer before the information can be accessed. Once the permission has been given, it can be revoked by the customer at any time.
Procedure for controlling app permissions may be dependent on the Customer's device and software. Please note that the revoking of such permissions might impact the proper functioning of the application.
- Location permission. The application may collect, use, and share User location Data in order to provide location-based services. The Customer's location is used to determine the location of services, as well as to help the user pinpoint delivery location in the course of providing a delivery.
- Contact permission. Used for accessing contacts and profiles on the Customer's device. The contacts are used to be added into location’s contacts, to help in the course of a delivery.
- Social media accounts permission. Used for accessing the Customer's social media account profile, such as Facecbook and Google. The permission is used so the customer can connect to our application using their social media accounts.
- Camera permission. Used for accessing the camera or capturing images and video from the device. The images are used to identify delivery items to help track their delivery.
- SMS permission. The permission is for the customer to contact or track a delivery. Used for accessing features related to the Customer’s messaging including the sending, receiving and reading of SMS.
- Reminder permission. The permission is used to notify and remind a delivery event during a delivery process.
- Storage permission. The permission is used so the customer can save a picture to his/her phone when necessary.
- Phone permission. Is used to let the customer call to facilitate a delivery process.
Privacy of Information
We fully recognize the value of your personal information particularly as it may include sensitive personal information such as your gender, government-issued IDs, etc. Appropriately, we strive to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information by employing physical, technological and procedural safeguards. We train our employees to properly handle your information. Whenever we engage other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect personal information aligned with our own security standards.
Retention of Information
Your personal information shall be retained for as long as the purpose for which it was collected, and such other purpose that you may have consented to from time to time, remains in effect and until such time as it is no longer required or necessary to keep your information for any other legal, regulatory or business purposes.
Rights to Privacy of Information
In respecting your rights to privacy, you may opt to tell us:
- Not to send you marketing materials via email or SMS;
- Not to share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates or with other companies that we do business with, provided that such information is not critical nor required by applicable laws and regulations in maintaining the services that you have availed with us;
- To provide you with information that we currently have about you, subject to restrictions applied to us as a company operating in the Philippines by certain laws and regulations;
- To update your information;
- About your other concerns relating to how we collect, use, share, protect or dispose your information.
We may charge a fee for processing your request/s for access and/or update. Such a fee depends on the nature and complexity of your request. Information on the processing fee will be made available to you prior to making the request.
For any queries, clarifications or requests on any aspect of this Statement, the exercise of your rights pertaining to your personal information or to provide any feedback that you may have about our processing of personal information, please visit any of our branches or get in touch with our Customer Service Representative at
and email us at [email protected], during regular office hours, from Mondays to Fridays.
You may also write our Data Protection Officer at:
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
℅ Project Move, Inc.
26th Floor One Corporate Center, Julia Vargas Corner Meralco Avenue Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Landline No: +63 2 7905 8898
Inquiries/Questions: [email protected]
Security Incidents/Complaints (Involving Personal Data): [email protected]
Modification of Data Privacy Statement
We may modify or amend this Data Privacy Statement from time to time to keep up with any changes in relevant laws and regulations applicable to us on how we collect, use, protect, store, share or dispose of your personal information. Any relevant update will be posted on the Amigo website.